Who We Are
Ken is an veteran executive of the airline and tour operator business, holding a variety of roles at Northwest Airlines and MLT Vacations, including the position of President of MLT Vacations. Ken’s experience and skill in the areas of marketing, finance, distribution, and technology, combined with his strong communication skills allow him to diagnose, develop, and implement solutions for almost any business issue.
In his career, Ken has consistently led high performing teams and delivered superior results. Those successes included:
- Expanding MLT Vacations beyond charter services and establishing MLT as one of the largest tour wholesalers in North America, managing the branded vacation products for Northwest, Delta, Continental, United, Aeromexico, and other scheduled airlines.
- Envisioning and creating a multi-pronged distribution strategy using proprietary websites, and traditional and online travel agencies
- Developing the airline industry's first market share based commission incentive programs and most comprehensive corporate incentive programs
- Leading the team that developed MLT University – the industry's best and largest annual retail travel agent education program and trade show.
Ken holds an MBA from Cornell University and lives in Minneapolis with his wife and two children. In his spare time, he loves to eat and work off the calories playing tennis and golf. Travel is a passion and so far he has visited all 50 states and over 30 countries.
Mike is a recognized leader in the travel industry specializing in corporate turnarounds and top and bottom line growth. Mike is a people oriented leader and manager. His experience has taught him to motivate team members and clearly communicate the goals and objectives that need to be accomplished. Mike prides himself on creating an open and communicative environment where team members can thrive. Mikes successes are numerous:
- Driving significant revenue growth and helping to take Alamo Rent A Car from a $400m domestic company to greater than $2b in global revenues. Mike rose through the sales and marketing ranks and ultimately served as Brand President and SVP of Global Sales for both the Alamo and National brands
- Drove business changes at Air Jamaica. He instituted systems and processes to focus on revenue and transitioned a promotions oriented team to a revenue generating and market share focused group. Mike also brings extensive airline charter experience from his time at Mark Travel.
- As CMO of Certified Vacations Mike led the teams for Delta Vacations and Continental Vacations and brought much needed leadership and communication both internally and externally with distributors, suppliers and team members.
- First as CMO then as President of Funjet Vacations, Mike again led a business turn around that significantly changed product offerings with a quick and meaningful bottom line impact, resulting in a continued string of increasingly profitable years. Talent and relationship development were key contributors to the results.
Mike brings deep experience in selling, marketing (online and offline) operations, and financial management but his greatest joys in his career has been the development and strengthening of relationships with customers, suppliers and most importantly his team.
Terry began his career as a front-line leisure travel agent. His experience in that role helped him develop a deep understanding of the daily challenges and opportunities that are faced by all travel agents. He put that experience to use as a senior sales executive with several of the largest US tour wholesalers, where he developed strong relationships with retailers throughout the US and Canada and helped them grow their revenue and profitability. Terry’s many successes include:
- Developing group sales programs and agency incentives for Trans Global Vacations that led to rapid growth and success for their charter programs.
- Successfully merging and developing the NWA World Vacations and Worry Free Vacations sales teams, which fueled the growth for such brands as Delta Vacations, Continental Airlines Vacations and United Vacations.
- Managing the launch and growth of MLT University, the leading leisure travel agent education program in the industry, as well as redesigning all of the agency recognition and reward programs for MLT Vacations.
- In response to travel agent feedback and industry trends, championing and spearheading the initiation of MLT Vacations’ Luxury and Romance programs.
- Most recently, while at the Mark Travel Corporation, Terry lead the sales efforts in support of a variety of projects including developing programs for host agencies and their IC’s, the launch of Southwest Vacations international programs, the transition and relaunch of United Vacations, the creation of the very successful agency training program ‘The Summit’.
Terry’s passion in addition to travel is his family’s 150 year old farm in Southern Minnesota. Along with his wife and three children they have a large herd of registered Shorthorn beef cattle. The entire family enjoys exhibiting their cattle throughout the country at State Fairs and other national shows. Terry credits his successes in travel and on the farm to hard work and the great relationships that he has with friends and colleagues far and wide.